Well with unenviable task of moving house soon to be undertaken by so many people, here's a few things that need to be checked before allowing someone new into your home.
- If they don't have butlers or cleaning staff, when they pop over for a chat and you appear over taxed, ask them to quickly wash a couple of dishes and maybe a pot or two. If you (or your staff) have to clean anything again then don't let them anywhere near your pristine and clean belongings and certainly nowhere near the hearth.
- Do they know how to use hot water and what it's good for?
- Make sure you get a four year deposit, just in case they do a runner or they make a habit of inviting over unsavoury characters who you'd not wish to meet in a bright alley, let alone a dark one; and end up having parties every other week ransacking the place.
- Test they don't enjoy playing with buttons by giving them a tv remote.
- If their ideal of a gourmet meal is stuffing their face with hamburgers, then once again it's a no-no.
And that's the five point plan to ensuring you have someone reliable and house proud moving into your lovely abode.