In reply steve said that tfl has taken up the brakes issue with arriva and again agreed to feedback to tfl resident’s concerns re: noise."
That was 2003/4.
Seven years later, you would have thought a capital-wide improvement would have launched, finally put this thing out of its misery. Sadly not.
But how have things improved?
- Increase frequency of buses utilising terminus's.
- Increase in driver pay.
How have things worsened for residential victims?
- Increasing frequency of drivers not switching off their engines whilst stationary (multiplied by many hundreds per day)
- Increase in frequency of drivers using their horn to say hello, say goodbye.
- Increase in squealing brakes.
- Increase in pollution due to (see 1).
- Increase in vibration (severe, see 1).
- Increase in drivers two-fingers to anything said by customer services, the bus garage, their operators, rule 124 of the highway code, their training...
... this could go on, but lunch is calling.