Friday 23 August 2019

Let the words...

Brief quotes from the years.

Caligula

"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Let them hate me, so long as they fear me."

Hitler

"Who says I am not under the special protection of God? The broad masses of a population are more amenable to the appeal of rhetoric than to any other force. The great masses of the people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than to a small one. Strength lies not in defence but in attack. How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think. It is not truth that matters, but victory. Humanitarianism is the expression of stupidity and cowardice. If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed."

Trump

"We will no longer surrender this country or its people to the false song of globalism. You have to think anyway, so why not think big? I like thinking big. If you're going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big. People love me. And you know what, I have been very successful. Everybody loves me. We are going to have an immigration system that works, but one that works for the American people. We do not seek to impose our way of life on anyone, but rather to let it shine as an example for everyone to follow. The problems we face now - poverty and violence at home, war and destruction abroad - will last only as long as we continue relying on the same politicians who created them in the first place."

No comments:

Post a Comment